Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Friendship

It's an amazing whirlwind of rediscovery when you cross paths with people that you shared your daily life with, day in and day out over a period of years; so long ago. These years being the time in your life when you grow and change, not only physically, but mentally. You can't imagine your life without these friends; but somehow, over time, maturity, and many subtle changes, it happens. You're no longer surrounded by this warm and cozy blanket of friends. The security is removed and once you yawn and stretch your arms out into the unknown world around, you are forced to blossom into an entirely different person. For some, this is a daunting task, for others a necessity. For me it has been the needed force for rediscovery and the assurance to become a strong, able and independent woman. Now, as I stand steady and sure of who I am I go with ample amounts of confidence and hope that I can rekindle friendships from the past.

1 comment:

justjuls said...

This is really well written and I love it.
The fun part is when those people from the past have matured as well and you can rediscover each other.

I am having some issues right now - being in WV and remembering what it was like to be around people and in a place where I belong.