Tuesday, April 7, 2009

An answered prayer

No matter how much of a planner you are, it is just not possible to predict what life has in store. The proof is in the weather. Right now there are snow flurries falling wistfully as if it's normal for this to be happening in April. Half of my family is in Florida and standing in line at Universal Studios. This was also unplanned. I have learned you can depend on one thing - change is a part of life and we have no control over it. Maybe the small things, like what am I going to eat for lunch or what outfit am I wearing to work the next day, but when life shifts and throws you a curve ball it usually is a part of the big plan. Good does come from out of the ordinary circumstances and in some way seems to be just what the doctor ordered. Unfortunately, it sometimes takes suffering and pain, endured by others, to bring about a change that would be otherwise left unattended. So, maybe I hadn't planned on wearing my winter coat anymore this year, and I surely hadn't intended on spending several days without my husband and eldest son, but like these beautiful and unique flurries, a reminder is made about a force at work. This force is bigger and stronger than you and me. Prayers really do get answered.

1 comment:

justjuls said...

I am praying always that this "force" is working on my behalf.
Thanks for the eloquent reminder.