Monday, June 2, 2008

GRAND SLAM!

There's one more game left in the season and as always just when the season winds down, the boys really come together as a team. It seems to happen every time, just when the kids start clicking and grooving the end is near. Maybe they give a heartier effort, because they know it's about to end or maybe the season just isn't long enough. I too have a sense of comfort now with the parents and have warmed up with the mom's and dad's that stand along side me as we cheer our kids on to victory. Tonight, my son hit a GRAND SLAM! The ball was hit to the fence and allowed us to score 4 runs. My heart leaped as the cracking sound of the bat sent the ball sailing up, up and away. As the boys rounded the bases we all clapped and jumped up and down as if we'd won the world series. We ended up winning the game, but even if we hadn't I would have been satisfied. All of the boys played extraordinarily great tonight and pride beamed from our faces. Great job Zachery! It was so much fun watching you play.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of Zachery! He is an astounding athlete
I wish Grammy could have been there to have seen your Grand Slam. Alisha, I know how much you admire Zachery.