Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hard work pays off

I'm so thrilled and proud to say that I received an "A" for my final grade for the American Government class I took over the summer. It was a difficult course for two reasons. One being that I'm not very interested in politics and two, summer courses are more difficult because a large course load is crammed into a small amount of time. It means so much now as a grown adult to be rewarded with a good grade. It symbolizes hard work, great amounts of effort and determination at doing your best.

I'll be taking another course in the Fall and I look forward to the challenges I will face towards yet another goal of making an "A". I told my son Zachery and he was happy for me and yelled "Yay". My husband gave me a high five. Nolan was sleeping so I'll tell him in the morning. To some, this may not be a big deal, but for me it is a much needed boost to my confidence. Who says a 35 year old working mother of 2 can't hang in there with the young non-working kids fresh out of high school?

Ok enough already - no more bragging.

2 comments:

justjuls said...

I'm proud of your hard work! Congratulations!
I have missed you terribly around here.

Free Spirit said...

You Go Girl!!!! That is an awesome accomplishment!!

I've gotten way behind in my blog reading, so this is a little belated, but, CONGRATULATIONS!!