Thursday, February 21, 2008

Man's best friend

Sometimes I feel so lost and alone. Do you ever wonder where you belong? Is this the life I'm supposed to lead? Why is it some days I feel this way? Is this the natural reaction to a stressful day? I just want to shut down and close the worlds eyes and not let anyone or anything in. I suppose we all have days like these. I'm hoping tomorrow will be different. As I ponder these thoughts, my dog, Tucker, comes lovingly to my side and jumps up front paws on the side of my chair and looks at me with those loyal and unconditional eyes. No matter what, he loves and worships me as if I'm the best thing in his world. Why can't we be more like dogs? There is a definite lesson to be learned from man's best friend.......................life is what you make of it, never take anyone for granted, love unconditionally, don't hold grudges and live life to the fullest. Thanks Tucker for my lesson and thank you for putting things in perspective.

1 comment:

Keet said...

Isn't that the BEST?! Unconditional, undeserved love. I was just thinking this morning how much I wish I could always see the world through my Spaniel's eyes. It seems like a much happier place. :)