Thursday, February 28, 2008

Pain in the “Back”

For the first time in my life, I’m experiencing pain and discomfort in my lower back. Have I reached that magical age where your body starts to deteriorate? It sure seems that way. Long gone are the days of endless cartwheels, flips, back bends and many other maneuvers of a once youthful body. I’m not sure how or when this happened, but I’ve been uncomfortable for about a week now. At first, I thought I must have hit my back on something, maybe slightly bruising the area. Could it be from jumping on the trampoline with Zachery? I’ve given it a week and not only has it not improved, but it’s gotten worse. So much so that when I go home I just want to sit on the couch. Having a 6 month old does not help this situation. He likes being held, needs diaper changes and baths. None of these activities are forgiving on ones back. My husband was extra helpful last night and took care of Nolan while I enjoyed a long hot shower. He also cleaned up the kitchen after dinner……..thank you honey~. I’ve come to the conclusion that I must have a pinched nerve and it’s been suggested that I see a chiropractor. I’m reluctant to do so, because I’ve never been to one before and I’ve never gotten past the skepticism and questionable qualifications of someone re-configuring your spine. I’ve been asking around and have heard nothing but positive reinforcement for this profession. My co-worker, Lee, swears by it and says, “she always leaves feeling much, much better.” In fact, she says she “loves going to the chiropractor.” Well, at this point, I’m in so much pain that I’ve lost all ability to put this off and make excuses. So, I’ll let you know how the appointment goes………..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've always been a pain :) .... but I would definetly seek chiropractic care. You do feel great when you leave.

justjuls said...

I hope you feel better -
back pain is rough - like a toothache.