Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Knee surgery

My husband had surgery on his knee today. He had a torn meniscus and was in excruciating pain. Everything went well aside from being groggy and a throbbing pain in his knee. The doctor repaired the tear, shaved off a few jagged edges and even removed some arthritis. In the journey from the car to the house, he was able to utilize his crutches and even put a little pressure on his knee. I'm thankful all went well and he's resting peacefully at home in his recliner.

3 comments:

Free Spirit said...

UGH! I'm sorry for him, but hope he'll get some much needed relief now. And I know of the extra burden it puts on you too while he's somewhat incapacitated.

My husband's had 3 or 4 knee surgeries now. Not fun.

justjuls said...

I am glad it went well. Geesh - I haven't read blogs for days!

Praying for a speedy recovery.

I know you are pampering him and taking good care of him.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it Brian.
Knee pain is very painful.