Friday, May 2, 2008

Do you believe in Time Travel?

Last night I traveled in time. I instantaneously went back to the 80's. It was painless, quick and fun to do. My perspective of the 80's was so different coming from my 35 years of age - minus the BIG hair, bangle bracelets and Guess jeans.

It amazes me that an era can bring about a different side to a person. In this case a musical era. Back in high school I LOVED Bon Jovi. It took me until now to see them in concert, but it was worth the wait. As soon as they played "Shout through the Heart", "Wanted, Dead or Alive" and many other classics I was whipped back in time. I could feel a surge in my heart as I belted along in unison, word for word the lyrics that somehow have managed to stay nestled in my brain.

The band looked and sounded great! They no longer have big hair, tight leather jeans or other visual indications of their younger days, but they sounded fantastic. The arena was packed with people of all walks of life........young, old,male, female and even small children. What an array of fans. I guess when you've been around for a while your fan base stretches wide. The opening act was Daughtry - from American Idol - boy he could let it rip.

Because of the concert, we missed Zachery's baseball game.....BOOHOO :(
A co-worker, who's son is on the same team, took Zachery to the game and Grandma Paula picked up Nolan and went to the game. Brian and I called and found out that Zachery hit an infield home run and was the starting pitcher who struck out quite a few players - YAY Zachery! You did great! I'm so proud of you.

Needless to say, I'm tired today, but hey I'll manage. I am a mom after all and we mother's can do anything. Right?

Thanks to Uncle Wes for the tickets!! You're awesome.

2 comments:

justjuls said...

That's so fun!
How awesome.
Bon Jovi always transports me back in time too!

Free Spirit said...

Hey Cool!! Sounds like you had a great time! Good for you for taking advantage of the opportunity!

I wouldn't have admitted it back then (I was too religious), but I liked their songs too.