Thursday, May 15, 2008

My life

I remember as a child wondering what I would be like as a grownup. What kind of career path would I take, would I marry, have children, where would I live, what kind of house would I have. Through the eyes of a young, inexperienced and naive little girl I imagined a fairytale of the invincible career driven and successful woman carrying a briefcase wearing a designer suit with high heel shoes and an impeccable outward appearance. There was also the beautifully decorated home and manicured yard with perfectly well behaved and mannered little children dressed in their Sunday best. A husband who thought the sun rose and set in my honor and thought of me as the Queen of his world. HELLO!! Wake up and smell the coffee - which I happen to drink every morning, by the way. The future is just unimaginable, unpredictable and never what you expect it to be. As I look back at my youth I realize life's experiences has shed a great deal of ignorance, naivety and innocence; slowly peeled away over time and exposing the real me. My core was always there it was just covered up with circumstances and environmental exposure inhibiting the real beauty...........my inner beauty. The part that really counts. While my life is not perfect, it's as perfect as it can be. I have a husband and two children that mean the world to me, a beautiful home, stable job and friends and family who love me. All of these may have faults, imperfections and trying times, but it's my life. Maybe not the perfect life I imagined as a child, but a life better than I ever imagined. I can truly say that I do appreciate all that life has given me and I don't take any of it for granted. I feel so lucky to be me and each day I feel more and more blessed.

2 comments:

justjuls said...

This is called contentment -
It is elusive - but I am so glad you've found it!

Free Spirit said...

Yes, relating here, to the fantasy world I once bought into. A little secret: I have a mother who still lives in that world, and I, only now, as an adult, am beginning to break free and understand the difference between that and the real world. I have actually been thinking to write a blog on that very subject. I think it does no good to children to try to portray or live out that fantasy existence. Just my personal experience.

I'm glad you're finding that contentment, in REAL life; cause it's the only one you'll get! :)