Sunday, May 4, 2008

My handsome baseball player

This is my handsome son, Zachery. He plays baseball through the Park and Rec here in town and has come to really enjoy the game. He started out at 3rd base, but the last game he was the starting pitcher. He struck out many players and pitched almost the entire game. While up to bat, he hit an infield home run. They won 18-7. What a game! I missed it because of the concert, but we have another game tomorrow night and I can't wait to cheer the team on. I'm very proud of him, not only because he is a team player, but because of the mature way he handles himself. Playing sports teaches kids so many valuable lessons: being a part of a team, sportsmanship, confidence booster, dealing with winning and losing, having fun and benefiting from exercise. It's a great feeling to be a part of something. Go Twins!!!

2 comments:

justjuls said...

He is SO cute - and it is scary how much he looks like you! I mean it - wow.

Free Spirit said...

Hey, great pic!! What a cutie!! And yes, I agree about the sports!