Monday, May 19, 2008

Summer break

I remember that feeling just before Summer break. There was an excitement in the air, an extra bounce in my step and the feeling that I made it - another school year under my belt. AAAHHHH - time for fun, staying up late, sleeping in, swimming and all about having a good time.

My son, Zachery, is at that moment now. The last week of school before summer break sets in. This Friday will be his last day. I brought this up last night at dinner and he said, we won't do much this week except "mostly party and a little learning." I thought that was pretty funny and probably accurate. I know this is a difficult time for the teachers, because according to the calendar there's 5 more day of school left; but as far as the kids are concerned - summer has arrived.

3 comments:

justjuls said...

My kids were buzzing too with the last days of co-op - today is their last final and then they are done! Woo hoo! It is an exciting time - and I love it too - it means our time is freed up to do other things!

That is so cute! I am glad you wrote down what he said so you can always remember it!

justjuls said...

oh my gosh - i clicked over here to grab the link to your blog and that is the cutest dang picture of Nolan - 9 months old! aw. I just want to squeeze him.

Unknown said...

Hi there! I'm a friend of Jewls. My son is going to sixth grade in the fall, but his last day isn't until June 5th. He has a field trip to Houston on Friday, basketball playoffs on Saturday and next week they have about 3 parties scheduled. He can barely stand all of the excitement!!!

Kids love the end of the school year!