Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It's Official

Today, my husband, has been officially named the new Head Coach of the High School Wrestling Team! What great news for him and for our family. I'm so proud of his latest promotion and I'm anxious to witness the great and admirable teachings he will show the team. He has proven his track record as the Middle School Head Coach for the last 2 winning seasons and is responsible for starting and running a USA wrestling team for the local children in elementary school and up to Middle School. He dedicates is time voluntarily and without complaint. He tirelessly does this for one reason - to help the kids become successful in life. One of the quotes that he has me print on certificates reads: "After wrestling everything else in life is easy" - Dan Gable - and let me tell you, after watching our son wrestle a few matches I agree 100%.

The foundation that he has laid for our community is already a proven building block for children's personal growth, mental and physical development, and he is already seen by most kids as a mentor and a caring, motivational and positive role model. He's just stern enough to keep their attention and respect and soft and gentle enough to allow a closeness that brings them a sense of devotion. There have been many occasions that my husband has been late coming home from practices, because he takes children home. He does this because this is their only opportunity to become involved in an extracurricular activity. This is just one example of the unselfish acts that my husband displays as a coach.

Please join me in congratulating a job well deserved by my husbands hard work, loyalty, determination and an attitude that won't give up. I know you have inspired and impressed many people with your work ethic and I wish you continued success.

Lot's of love, hugs and kisses from me to you honey! I love you!!!

2 comments:

justjuls said...

That is so awesome.
Teenagers are terrific.
They will be so lucky to have him - and it will help him be prepared for Zachery and Nolan's teen years to spend some time with them.
I am sure this takes a big commitment and a lot of work.
Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

That is so great! I know how hard he works. What he is doing is making a positive impact on so many lives. Congrats!!!