Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Reading

Reading is one of my favorite things to do. It is an escape, it's relaxing, it takes my mind places that I otherwise would never go. Reading a story makes my wheels turn, causing me to laugh, cry, cringe, shriek, sigh, relate, compare, dream, remember and countless other emotions. I prefer fiction, because I'm amazed at the creativity it takes to build and form a story from scratch - weaving intricate details and plots that somehow come together into an amazing story. I enjoy characters that don't exist that are consistent with their own personalities and how I'm able to form imagery to their physical appearance even though they are all made up. I admire writers who have the talent to take you there and draw on your emotions. The kind of author that keeps you turning the page well past your bedtime. I love reading words I don't know the meaning of and looking them up in the dictionary. Reading is a journey, to me, worth taking over and over again and I shall do this for as long as I'm able.

2 comments:

justjuls said...

Hey - so tell us what you're reading right now??

Free Spirit said...

I agree, but so far the only book that has captured my attention so was The Shack. Although admittedly, I have only mostly read nonfiction, spiritual help type books. But, I would like to branch out a little in that area along with all the others that I'm branching out in.