Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Rambling

It's always something. I hate to use this expression because it sounds so cliche, but I can't think of anything better to say. Here's another good one - If it's not one thing it's another. How about this - life goes one, Live and learn, We're only human, that's a part of life. I could think of a million other quotes but I won't bore you.

Do you ever wonder why we feel so compelled to utter these expressions? It's like we have to make excuses for ourselves, or fill in the blanks when in a conversation with someone. Where did these expressions come from? Some tend to stick and have a life all their own. They make a journey from one generation to the next and get bounced around from one person to another. Here's my favorite.....I've just been so busy...........

For such a technologically advanced, I want it yesterday, need instant gratification society we sure do seem busy. How is it that we have less time in our lives with everything out there that's supposed to make our life easier and less hectic? We have instant messaging, text messaging, email, online shopping, automated bill pay, microwave food, fast food, fax machines, debit cards, ATM machines, satellite tv and radio, DVR, palm pilots, blackberry, digital cameras, video cameras and the list goes on and on.

Times have changed - OOOOPPPSSSS - there's another one of those clever phrases, but they have. It's hard not to notice the differences in the way I grew up versus my children's. I know, I know change is good. It's also happening so fast that I can't keep up.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure what the point of this post is...just a bunch of psychotic ramblings of the thoughts swirling in my head. Pay no attention to me - I'm just having a moment.

3 comments:

justjuls said...

Thanks for sharing your moment, in fact take two.

Anonymous said...

hey you, it's Domonique!!!!!! i miss you and nolan very much!! i wish i was back at the daycare, but only bc of the people that i became close to. anyways, my real point to this, is that i just made a blogger also. if you go to thisisformysoldier.blogspot.com thats where it is!!!

love ya!!!
Domonique

Anonymous said...

I think my favorite one, as Adam would so eloquently say it, is We'll see.....