Thursday, April 24, 2008

Me

It's taken me a while, but I'd rather be right where I am. Sound peculiar? I finally feel good in my own skin and I feel like I'm exactly where I need to be in my life. I haven't accomplished all of my goals, but I'm enjoying the journey. I can tell you that there are a few things that I never thought I would be living with right now and one of them has a name...........Nolan. An eight month old at 35 years of age? I would have told you that you were in sane. But, the timing could have never been better. I also would have laughed at you if you told me I'd be living in a small town. That too has turned out to be a blessing. My minds ideal - the picture of my life at this age, strangely enough couldn't be more ironic. Yet, in the same breath it couldn't be more peaceful, happy and content. Sure life is not perfect and has it's many ups and downs, but home base, my being, is uniquely and pleasantly right. I'm not wealthy, I don't have a new car, the latest in fashions, expensive meals, or top of the line furniture. But, what I do have is a roof over my head, a car that takes me from A to B, decent clothes on my back, a job that I enjoy going to everyday, friends, and a family that I adore and can't wait to come home too. I actually believe it now. I believe that money isn't everything. I believe that my inner self is far more precious than my outward appearance of who I am. A person's heart really is the key to their core, their existance. Inner beauty speaks volumes, changes lives and lives on well past a persons vanity. Time has a way of speading up, slowing down and changing a perons life. It's more than hands on a clock ticking, ticking, ticking away the seconds in our lives. It's one step closer to the truth. The truth is the key. To sum this all up - I finally like me - at least most of the time. I still have issues and faults, don't get me wrong, but I'm not so bad. When I look back at how far I've come I'm amazed at the journey, but pleased at the destination. My travels have brought me far, the road has been curvy, steep and tumultous, but in the end I toughed out the mileage and have finally arrived.

3 comments:

justjuls said...

Ah - the 30s are so much better than the 20s aren't they? I have been asked if I would go back 10 years and I would have to say - no way Jose!

I love you - and this was terrific writing. I can relate.

Anonymous said...

that is beautiful. before i read this, i just couldn't wait until 3 months, when i finally turn 21. but now, as i read this, i thought to myself, "wow...i wish i had that kind of insight..." again, that was beautiful, and now, i can only wonder to myself, when im gonna be able to say the same thing....

Free Spirit said...

Beautifully put!! That's something I think most people can not say for themselves - so you really must have come a long way baby! I'm not convinced that time teaches lessons, but I do think maturity does. I know of many who are 50 or older who haven't gotten to that place. Congratulations!