Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sticky fingers

Tonight after shopping we went out to dinner. It was an all you can eat buffet and I had dropped off a plate of food at our table and left to go wash my hands. As I was approaching our table I noticed Brian frantically wiping Nolan's face, Zachery laughing and a lady from a neighboring table assisting my two men. I was puzzled, but found out quickly that Nolan has sticky fingers. He was helping himself to a piece of my steak that was about the size of a slice of bread. He reached, grabbed and picked up the whole piece of meat and was headed straight for his mouth. Brian stopped him just in time,but not before it was slid across the table with those tiny, persistent little fingers. I did have to go and get seconds. He was happy with mashed potatoes and bread, but kept licking his lips when I'd take a bite of my steak. I guess I'm lucky to have two boys that love to eat and are not the least bit picky. On the other hand, my grocery bill keeps going up and up.

2 comments:

justjuls said...

Oh yeah - it will continue too.
That is such a cute story.

I read the other day that the average grocery budget in the US has increased by 40% over the past year. That's ONE year. We aren't really eating more - it is just that everything has gone up!
It's exhausting - I think I'm going to have to get a second job (I actually mean fourth or fifth job if you count mothering, teaching, housekeeping,etc.) just to feed these people unless I can convince them to stop eating. :)

Anonymous said...

Well that does not surprise me at all! We know how much Nolan likes to eat. He needs to sustenance to maintain those cheeks. Mean mommy. Feed that baby. :)