Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Boys and Mud

What is it about boys and mud? It's like a magnetic pull so strong they are unable to resist.
It rained most of the day today, but as soon as the rain cleared up, Zachery took off outdoors.
He has a basketball hoop, trampoline, bike, pogo stick, skateboard and many other things, but what does he do? He goes straight for the nearest mud hole. The doorbell rings, so I open the front door to find him introducing me to his wonderfully messy glob of mud. He was so proud of this that he requested that dad come and take a look too. He beamed with pride and of course was covered in this earthly mess from head to toe. He and his dad even saved this inside a freezer ziplock bag and placed it in the freezer. Brian then proceeded to tell us both that when he was a little boy he would save his mud in the freezer too. Once he went to bed that night he would make a wish that when he got up the next morning that the mud would have turned into chocolate..................it never did. Gosh, I guess that would be a child's dream come true. Instant, home, grown chocolate from your own back yard!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

justjuls said...

Oh this is great -
He looks so much more grown up here than in any of the other pictures I have seen! I wish I had time - I would love to scrapbook this picture - maybe I will sometime if you wouldn't mind.
I love mud - there is a great place for boys to play in the mud by a creek at Morgan's Grove in Shepherdstown - do you remember that place. I used to feel bad for all the little boys who weren't allowed to get dirty!
Zachery looks like he is having a terrific time.

Free Spirit said...

Geesh! I know it's great for young boys, but this momma is not a mud-lovin' momma! Bummer for my kids that there's not much in the way of good mud holes around our house. I know they're deprived, but I'm not complaining. :)