Sunday, March 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma Paula

Yesterday was a flurry of events. From cleaning house, getting Zachery ready to spend the night at a friends house, going to the grocery store, baking a cake and preparing a meal. Brian and I were both scurrying around in the kitchen; stirring, chopping, slicing, measuring, baking, frying and cleaning and even a last minute run back to the store for a must have ingredient for the cake. This was all in preparation for a birthday party for my mother-in-law, Paula.

We had 6 guests plus Nolan and my husband prepared a dish that was absolutely delicious called Chicken avocado melt. This dish is very tasty and makes for a colorful presentation. For the birthday girl I baked a White Chocolate Fudge cake from a recipe that I got from my sister Julie. This being the first time trying this recipe I wasn't quite sure what to expect. It was fabulous! Definitely a keeper. Thanks Julie!

Brian and I really enjoyed having everyone over for dinner and dessert and had a lot of great laughs talking and sharing stories from the past to the present. It makes me realize that we don't do this often enough. I've been thinking that it seems we only get together for birthdays or holidays. Maybe we could make an effort to get together more often throughout the year. I know everyone has a "busy" schedule, but this should be a priority.

I hope Paula enjoyed her party as much as we enjoyed having it.

Happy Birthday Grandma Paula!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

justjuls said...

Brian's mom looks like a lovely lady - and is so lucky to you have you for a daughter in law!
I am so glad you enjoyed the cake - and hope the birthday girl did too.
I hope I can visit you soon - I would love to meet the rest of your family - I love them already just cause I love you so much!

Happy Birthday Paula!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you all had a great time. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAULA!