Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What Next?

Well, I've had an allergic reaction to the medicine I was taking for my UTI, so they think. I'm broken out all over my body and I itch everywhere. My face is red and my skin is blotchy. I've been to the doctor a total of 4 times in the last week. I'm OVER IT! Now I'm taking Prednisone for this rash and an antibiotic for my sinus infection. Let's pray that this is it for me for the rest of 2008. I had taken a Benedryl the night before and slept soundly - but I paid for it the next day at work. I was groggy, irritable and so sleepy. I felt so bad that I went to my mother -in- law's and laid down on her couch during my lunch break. Needless to say, I did not take another Benedryl. I feel much better today, just a little jittery from the Prednisone. I can deal with that.

My sister, Renae, and I were talking a couple of days ago, swapping health problems, medications, aches, pains and then all of a sudden, I stopped and said, "Oh my Gosh!" We're doing it. We are becoming old people. You know, how all they talk about is their trip to the doctor or pharmacy and about their health issues, what kind of meds they're taking, so on and so forth. We got a big laugh out of that.

I will do my best to make this the last post about any kind of ailments. (please, please!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that this is it for you. Haven't you reached a quota or something? I really do hope you feel better!

Have I told you about my gout......

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for your comments! Sorry I don't comment back very much. So you're mom's sister? That's cool! I've heard lots of stories about you and Renae!

justjuls said...

Hey Alisha -
I hope you feel better - I had no idea you were feeling so bad! Poor baby.
Post away about whatever you want - embrace your old age - don't listen to Renae *sticks out tongue* :)

Hee hee - love you both!