Sunday, March 2, 2008

SSHHHHH

Nolan and I were invited to see Domonique's baptism at church this morning. Ms. Domonuque used to work in the baby cottage and took wonderful care of Nolan. I often caught him staring and smiling at her and he used to love it when she sang to him........"You are my sunshine." She has since then moved up to the one year old room, but we still keep in touch and were honored to witness her special moment. Nolan did quite well sitting in church and we did see the baptism, but not long after he got restless and started making endless, babbling baby noises. It was a small church and he was the only baby so there was no hiding or pretending that it wasn't us. I could feel my face burning with embarrassment and could feel the looks from all of the church members. Nolan didn't seem to mind or care for that matter. As usual he was in his own little happy world. We decided to make a get a way and headed to the back room to allow everyone to hear the preacher in peace. I didn't want to Domonique to miss service so after a few minutes of catching up and chit chat, she went back out to the main worship area and Nolan and I made a mad dash for the back door. I'm thankful that we were able to stay long enough to see the baptism and we are both proud of Domonique's decision to become closer to God. Oh and we can't forget to say Congratulations on your engagement!!!!!! We wish you all the best.

Posted by Picasa