Monday, March 17, 2008

Wacky weekend weather with a springtime twist

Saturday proved to be eventful. Brian headed out around 6 a.m. for the final USA wrestling tournament - aaaahhhh! So Zachery, Nolan and myself rode out the storm alone. This strange weather lasted all day and begin with rain, rain and more rain. This was Forest Gump rain. It came down hard, soft, sideways, and any way it could fall. It pounded our roof tops, washed out our flower beds, came in our storm door and our yard was literally standing under water. Given our drought, it was welcome, but at the same time unwelcome. The lightning and thunder wasn't too bad and it was windy at times. We were without power for at least 3 hours, thank goodness for cell phones - I was able to keep in touch with my husband that way. Just when we thought it was all over - I noticed something strange fall in the yard. It started falling faster and then I couldn't believe my eyes. Hail balls started pounding the ground and soon after our yard was white. After this came more rain and finally our power came back on. Well we made it without any major damage, just a messy yard, driveway and sidewalk, but who are we to complain? The next day was gorgeous! Bright, blue skies, sunny and warm. We opened up windows and enjoyed the fresh outdoor air. It was like the outside got a good spring cleaning. I'm so ready for this time of year. Just thinking about it makes me take a deep breath, close my eyes and instantly relax.

1 comment:

justjuls said...

Wow, that's usually tornado weather! Yikes. Glad you weathered the storm okay. Love you - sorry I've been out of touch - I've been crazy busy.